Learn how you can take action on issues regarding mental illnesses. NAMI Illinois is fighting hard to make our voices heard. The most effective way to express our ideas and vision, however, is through our members. Having a network of members willing to contact their legislators – via letter, email, phone calls or office visits regarding specific issues is essential.
Illinois Legislation Supported by NAMI Illinois
- HB 3549 – Managed Care Act – Step Therapy
- Amends the Managed Care Reform and Patient Rights Act. Applies the medical exemptions process to all entities licensed in the State to sell a policy of group or individual accident and health insurance or health benefits plan. Provides certain exceptions upon which a step therapy override will always be provided. Sets clinical review criteria that must be used to establish step therapy protocols. Effective immediately.
- HB 5038 / SB 3087 – Special appropriation for psychiatric leadership grants and other community MH services
- HB 5928 / SB 3037 – Creates clinical limitations on the use of “step therapy” by health insurance companies
- HB 6213 – Empowering Meaningful Patient Choice in Medicaid Managed Care Act