#GivingTuesday has Arrived!
This #GivingTuesday, help those who need it most.
Every day, tens of thousands of people across Illinois face the reality of living with a mental health illness or caring for someone who does. Approximately 42,000 people rely on resources provided by NAMI Illinois each year.
NAMI Illinois is proud to be participating in #GivingTuesday on December 3, 2019. This global day of giving invites individuals to celebrate the holiday season by giving back and creating change in their communities and their world. Together, with your generous donation, we can make a difference.
Since our inception in 1984, NAMI Illinois has helped to improve the lives of people affected by mental illness through education, support, and advocacy. In partnership with NAMI National, our Illinois affiliates, and other like-minded organizations, we influence public policies, provide up-to-date education and support programs, and increase public awareness and understanding of mental illness.
Your generous contribution on Giving Tuesday will help provide:
- Training for Family to Family and NAMI Basics teachers
- Training for Family Support and NAMI Connection facilitators
- Help for thousands of people who call NAMI Illinois for mental health information and resources
- The statewide educational conference on innovations and best practices in mental health
- Legislative advocacy – NAMI Illinois is the voice for mental illness in Springfield, and in these times, this advocacy is needed more than ever
It’s not only our mission but our pleasure to care and to create a future where mental illness will no longer thwart an individual’s fulfillment of his or her potential. But we can’t do it without your help. Please consider making a gift today here. If you prefer to donate by check, please mail your contribution, payable to NAMI Illinois to NAMI Illinois 1010 Lake Street Oak Park, IL 60301.
Thank you for your continued support of our work!