The Top Five Things To Know About Buying Health Insurance
Did you know it’s time to sign up for health coverage for 2019? If you need health insurance, you can enroll at HealthCare.Gov. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is still the law and ensures that health coverage is available for those who need it.
Here are the top things you need to know:
- Comprehensive coverage is available. HealthCare.Gov plans cannot discriminate against you due to your mental health condition. Additionally, they must include key benefits like mental health care, prescription drug coverage and hospitalization services.
- Coverage is affordable. Most people will qualify for a discount based on their income. Last year, more than 8 in 10 enrollees could get a plan for less than $100/month. Additionally, premium price increases for 2019 are expected to be much lower than previous years, and some states will even see price decreases.
- Enrollment runs from Nov. 1- Dec. 15. Some states may extend their deadlines, but in order to have coverage that begins Jan. 1, you must enroll by Dec. 15.
- HealthCare.Gov is the place to start. If your state uses their own website, HealthCare.Gov will guide you there. HealthCare.Gov or your state-based marketplace can only sell ACA plans, so you can rest easy knowing you’re getting a comprehensive plan that will be there for you when you need it.
- Help is available. You can enroll online, over the phone, or in-person If you need help. Call the marketplace call center at 1-800-318-2596 or click here to find in-person local help.
Having health insurance can provide peace of mind, financial security and access to comprehensive health care. If you don’t have health insurance, go to HealthCare.gov and consider joining the millions who have gained health insurance thanks to the ACA.
Nov 1, 2018